Learning in the Art Room
The Bridgman Elementary Art Program's vision includes:
- building fine motor skills
- developing a visual vocabulary
- exploring various artists, techniques to create art and the purpose of creating art
Each grade level explores the visual arts guided by the elements and principles of art. Students experience different media including but not limited to:
- Computer generated art
- Mixed media
Although precautions are taken to avoid any clothing mishaps, students are asked to dress accordingly for class. In other words, students should not wear Sunday's best on Art Day.
Students create a personal portfolio of one's work that is presented at the end of the school year. Second grade through fourth grade students create a digital portfolio.
Support the Arts
There are different ways to support the art program at BES.
- Become an art angel. We are often in need of recycled materials such as newspapers, empty and clean yogurt or butter containers, fabric scraps. Not sure if we need it? Just ask!
- Visit our online museum at www.artsonia.com . Students with parent or guardian permission have their artwork submitted to our online gallery. Items can be purchased with student work on them. All proceeds help the art program.